Equality & Diversity
Dundee College is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities for its staff, students and other stakeholders and undertakes to adhere to all relevant legislation.
The College will ensure that all staff, students and other stakeholders are treated equally, regardless of age, disability, family responsibility, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, nationality, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, trade union activity, or unrelated criminal convictions.
We recognise that some of our students are “vulnerable” owing to their youth, their mental capacity and or personal circumstances. We will ensure that there are robust procedures in place to identify and support any individuals who may be or are subject to any form of abuse.
The College strives to eliminate all forms of discrimination and to celebrate the diversity of people who are directly and indirectly involved in the College.
To be acknowledged as a completely inclusive organisation in which all people can participate fully as equal citizens.
To actively promote equality in Dundee College, to engender an ethos and culture which acknowledges and celebrates diversity and to emphasise the benefits that accrue.
- Promote Dundee College as an equal opportunity organisation
- Ensure that the College meets statutory requirements
- Implement, monitor and review the effectiveness of equality and diversity activity and recommend actions
- Ensure that robust procedures are in place for the protection of young and vulnerable students
- Identify, adopt and embed good practice across all areas of College operations
Dundee College is an equal opportunities organisation.